AMD has released April’s WHQL driver, Catalyst 10.4 package.
ATI Catalyst – Video enhancements:
H.264 Level 5.1 support
- ATI Catalyst™ can now playback 5.1 level streams on all supported players
- Allows for playback of high resolutions (4Kx2K)
AMD video transcoding updates
This release of ATI Catalyst™ provides enhanced support for the Windows 7 Drag and Drop video converter
- Performance improvements
- New formats supported (H.264 file formats – MTS, and WMV9 Complex profile interlaced content)
- ATI Catalyst™ Control Center option for enabling/disabling GPU acceleration
Support for the ATI Video converter is now available in the advanced view of the ATI Catalyst Control Center.
The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalyst™ 10.4:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Clear Sky
- Improves up to 6% with ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 graphics products
- Improves up to 3% with ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 graphics products
- Improves up to 3% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series products
Note: This release only resolves the long loading time issue on BattleField: Bad Company 2 for HD5000 Series cards.
Download @ AMD