nVIDIA released the first of the ForceWare Rel.260 series which comes with a pretty hefty changelog, so I’ll try to summarize it. It sports a brand new installer, a new Surround setup wizard, a bunch of new 3D Vision profiles, numerous performance improvements and bugfixes, adds support for the GTS450, the lot.
You can check out the full release notes here.
New GPU Support
- Adds support for the newly released GeForce GTS 450 GPU.
- Increases performance for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. v258.96 WHQL drivers. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured on Windows 7. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 480:
- Up to 10% in StarCraft II (2560×1600 4xAA/16xAF Ultra)
- Up to 14% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 16% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (SLI – 2560×1600 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 6% in Aliens vs. Predator (SLI – 1920×1200 noAA – Tessellation on)
GeForce GTX 460:
- Up to 19% in StarCraft II (SLI – 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF Ultra)
- Up to 15% in Battlefield Bad Company 2 (SLI – 2560×1600 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 12% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (2560×1600 noAA)
- Up to 9% in Aliens vs. Predator (1680×1050 4xAA/16xAF – Tessellation on)
- Up to 7% in Metro 2033 (1680×1050 noAA – Tessellation on)
- Up to 11% in Dirt 2 (SLI – 2560×1600 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 12% in Crysis:Warhead (SLI – 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF Gamer)
- Up to 13% in Far Cry 2 (2560×1600 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 12% in H.A.W.X (SLI – 1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF SSAO Very High)
- Up to 5% in Just Cause 2 (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 22% in Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (1920×1200 noAA)
- Up to 5% in 3DMark Vantage (Extreme Preset)