AMD has released this months WHQL package and an updated preview version of next months Catalyst.
Catalyst 11.3 WHQL:
Seamless GPU Compute support
- The AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) OpenCL runtime is now enabled by default within AMD Catalyst. Applications that leverage OpenCL for GPU based compute tasks will automatically benefit from the significant performance boost that this provides.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.3 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
- 3D BluRay playback no longer displays random frame loss.
- The 8x Anti-Aliasing is now correctly listed in some OpenGL applications.
- System no longer shows laggy performance when playing 720P WMV video files.
- Tearing is no longer randomly observed when playing Bioshock with Vsync and MLAA enabled.
Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.3 software suite for Windows Vista. These include:
- 3DMark 2011 no longer hangs on a quad crossfire HD6990 system.
- World of Warcraft no longer fails to respond when alt-tabbing out and into the game when running on the AMD HD6990.
- Mpeg2 Video playback now correctly uses hardware acceleration when played with Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center.
- Youtube HD Flash video now renders correctly.
- Enabling Anti-Aliasing no longer causes figure to have a bright outline in Medal Of Honor Single Player mode.
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
- Need for Speed Shift no longer randomly crashes during gameplay.
Catalyst 11.4 Early Preview (March 29):
- Support for the AMD Radeon™ HD 6790 series of products
- A number of performance optimizations, as highlighted here:
- Performance enhancement for Shogun 2 (DX11 version) when running Anti-Aliasing
- Enhancements to the AMD Catalyst Control Center™
- New task based Display Management controls
- Simplifies the configuration of displays and display settings
- New Eyefinity setup group
- Setting up an Eyefinity group has never been easier
- New branding (based on system configuration)
- AMD based platform – AMD VISION Engine Control Center
- Discrete AMD GPU with Intel CPU – AMD Catalyst Control Center™
- AMD Catalyst update notification (found within the Information Center)
- Please note this functionality is not yet enabled, but will be in a future AMD Catalyst release
- This feature will be used to notify users that new AMD Catalyst software packages are available
- Includes fixes where Dragon Age 2 would hang in DirectX11 on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series products.
- Includes fixes where MediaEspresso 6.5 and 6.0 may crash while initializing
- Includes a fix for game corruption issues in BulletStorm
- Includes a fix for the AMD Catalyst Control Center install; resolves the issue of not being able to launch CCC after Catalyst has finished installing
- Includes a fix for the Tessellation slider sometimes setting the incorrect value
Download – Win7 (x86/x64)